Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dinner, the most important meal of the day.

My favorite time of the day is dinner. I just love to cook something and sit down and enjoy dinner with my husband. For the last year, I have had night classes 2-4 nights a week, and this is not conducive to my love of dinner.
For instance, this week…

Sunday night’s meal: Leftover Chili and cornbread
Monday night’s meal: Leftover Chili on a baked potato
Tuesday night’s meal: Leftover Chili on a hot dog
Wednesday night’s meal: Leftover Chili over tortilla chips



I just came to the grim realization that I have consumed more chili in a four day period than any human should in a four month period!
This is utterly unacceptable, and I can’t believe that I have been reduced to eating for necessity.

I believe that since we have to eat, each meal should be as nourishing and enjoyable as possible! Dinner has now become monotonous and hurried for me. I miss the days of spontaneous, relaxed and enjoyable meals. I want to cook!

Picture 035

I miss the days of scallops with citrus beurre blanc…
Rosemary roasted pork tenderloin with polenta and balsamic roasted asparagus…
Fish tacos with delicious cilantro slaw and chipotle cream…
Mojo pork with black beans and yellow rice…
Chicken and corn chowder…
Handmade spinach ravioli with brown butter sauce…
Open-faced chicken cordon bleu with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and wilted spinach…
Salmon en pappilote with veggies and couscous…
Maple glazed salmon with lentils...

Ahh… food… School will be over in seven weeks, and I can get back to my passion…

Cooking.

No comments: