Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Simply Potatoes

One of my favorite convenience foods is the "Simply Potatoes" product line. Recently, my grocery store had a BOGO sale on the mashed potato varieties, and I had coupons, so of course I took advantage of the sale.

Last night, we had a delicious dinner of steak, steamed broccoli and sweet potato casserole. Here's my simplified version of sweet potato casserole!

Super-Simple Sweet Potatoes

1 Carton of Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes

5 Graham crackers, crushed (James enjoyed doing this!)

3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

4 Tablespoons Butter, melted

Spread potatoes in a buttered 8x8 (or some kind of small equivalent) pan. Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

Simple, right? Here's a picture of my super-simple sweet potatoes.

And here's the final meal. I know it looks like we must be piggies because the plates are so full, but the steaks were cut thinly, I promise!








No comments: