Thursday, January 31, 2008

Superbowl Sunday Snacks

I recently made these layer bars for a potluck and I really enjoyed them. I thought I'd share the recipe... They're from a compilation cookbook that my mom made for me for Christmas this year.

Delicious Layer Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (that's 1/3 of a box, or 1 plastic sleeve)

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter, melted

***************
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

3/4 cup flaked coconut

3/4 cup chopped nuts

1 cup chocolate chips

Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press onto bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.

Combine cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until well blended. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with combined coconut, nuts, and chocolate; press lightly into surface. Bake at 350, 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool; cut into bars.


*Tip: I lined the pan with foil before assembling these bars--it made cutting and clean-up much easier!

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Your bars look yummy - I just may have to try them this weekend. Love your blog!

Kris

QuiltedSimple said...

I just read more of your blog - I have never attempted to use coupons before (since I shop at our local Aldi's store where everything is lower than dirt cheap) but I may have to try again - see if I can slash my $150 a month grocery bill for 4 people even lower - thanks for the ideas!!